Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: song/poem for memor.serv.@school?

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 16:22:14 PDT

How about "The Giving Tree"?
Judy Nagel
Sax Arts & Crafts
  ----- Original Message -----
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 5:05 PM
  Subject: song/poem for memor.serv.@school?

  At school we are having a dedication ceremony for a young tecaher who lost her battle with cancer in June. There will be a tree planted in her honor and the staff is having a difficult time coming up with a song or poem that is not sad and depressing for the occassion. It will be her birthday also so we wanted something uplifting. Also..this is a k-5 school with young students and we wanted them to be involved at some point so if they could sing a happy type of song that honored the teacher's life it would be nice. Any suggestions? I have been online for hours trying to come up with something but have not found anything appropriate. Thanks for any help!

  Take care,
  Carolyn in MA ---