new virus

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 05:13:26 PDT

Hi All, FYI I just received this warning from our corporate offices and
thought I'd share it with you.

A new virus with a high distribution level has been found.

The w32.BugBear@mm virus is a mass-mailing worm that can also spread through
network shares. It also contains a backdoor allowing remote control for
hackers. The virus will affect all Windows clients. The worm comes in the
form of a executable attached to an email message with a varying subject
line. If a user opens the executable it will attempt to spread to the users
that are located in the inbox and attempt to spread through network shares.
(An executable file will end with .exe.)

Judy Nagel
Sax Arts & Crafts
jdnag@elknet.net
jnagel@saxarts.com