Re: What I am recycling

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 17:49:43 PDT

I have color coordinated tubs on my tables. Everything in the tub matches -
red tubs have red pencils, red handled scissors, and a red pencil sharpener.
Each tub contains 4 of everything - sharpies, glue bottles, crayon boxes,
scissors, pencils. One eraser and one pencil sharpener per tub. At the end
of class I have the students stand behind their chairs (gets the chairs
pushed in) and before I will allow them to line up all students check the
tubs for the proper # of supplies. This takes less than a minute and since
they know their classmates will be checking they don't have sticky fingers.
If they are missing any item then that group misses recess until it shows
up. Haven't had to do this yet, so it seems to be working.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Q:
> Does anyone have any good ideas for securing hand heald pencil sharpeners
> the tables? I don't like the kids to use the crank one because it eats
half
> the pencils, but they steal the hand heald ones like crazy. Suggestions
> anyone?

---