Re: HS pre and post testing/Jancy

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 17:04:26 PDT

Jancy, I am going to try to send it as an attachment.
Sometimes Getty doesn't let attachments through so if
it doesn't go please tell me and I will email you in
private with it. I spent hours. I called 2 other HS
teachers in my county and they were no help, weren't
participating in the program. I also found out the art
guidelines are vague (ranked right up there with PE
and ESE!). I really get into what I teach, and a big
part of me wanted to set a standard so I did it
anyway.
For the pre-portion of the test that was performance I
told the kids to put the information on another piece
of paper (value scale, tranpsarent,opaque---even had
them draw separate cirlces for stipple etc.) then I
had them answer the questions they could in blue pen.
I also told them write down what they "thought" they
might do for the performance pieces (sketchbook
entries). They are getting a good look at their final
exam, to be done in pencil. I will put all the
paperwork together at the end of the year (YIKES!).
Could be worth $1,000 dollars if I am picked. Lottery
I know, but like I said earlier I am into the
education and want to include as much as I can for
these kids prior to college. Sorry this is long.
Let me know what you think.
Cindi