Re: Technology in Art Education

---------

From: ralight (ralight_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 12:35:16 PDT

on 10/1/02 9:34 AM, Jancy & Mike Cossin at jmcossin@yahoo.com wrote:

Foward it to me and I'll reply!

Jancy in Ohio

Richard Gross wrote:
I am a graduate student, substitute teacher and credentialed art teacher
looking for that elusive art/photography position).

I am involved in independent study coursework in the subject of
“Technology in Art Education”.

In reference to my field work I would be very interested in discussing how
technology is integrated in your art curriculum; in your classes, in your
school and district. I have composed a questionnaire that I’d like to
send those who are interested in participating. From there we can
continue follow-up discussions.

I’d be more than happy to offer resources and findings to those who are
interested.

---
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access
<http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://sbc.yahoo.com/>  from SBC  Yahoo!
<http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://sbc.yahoo.com/> --- You are currently
blank email to leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu
Here ya go...
Survey Questions for Teachers
Background Questions
1. How long have you been teaching for?
2. What classes do you teach?
3. What is your technology background and how have you been able to utilize
it in your teaching?
4. How has the curriculum changed over the past several years due to
technology?
Technology Integration Questions
1. How have you integrated technology into your classes?
2.            What hardware software or other equipment is used in your
classes?
3.        How were these lesson plans developed, by you, web sites, staff
             development, etc.?
4.         What technology facilities /equipment does your school / county
put at your      disposal?
5.        Have students been receptive, adaptive to introduction of
technology in the         classroom?  Please elaborate.
6.         Has technology had any affect on expression of creativity from
students?
How so?
7. How has technology helped, hindered, changed the way you teach your
respective classes?
8. Within the field of art education what changes do you see / anticipate
due to technology?  A) How has technology impacted, influenced art
education?
                       B) How do you foresee technology impacting,
influencing art education?
          9.            What materials and resources are you using to
support activities integrating?
technology?  Textbooks, Web resources, etc.
10.        What challenges need to be recognized for technology to be a
better tool for           art education?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STATE ANY OTHER COMMENTS OR OPINIONS
---