Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 16:14:46 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

Alum are very old people who go back to their alma mater to see how other
old people got old. (hee-hee). But I like Mark's answer better.
Marsha ---
From: Mark Alexander <>
"alum" is actually the ashes of people who died, but used to go to school
Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer! I have made a mental note
of"up-lifting" definitions as well as the very useful ones
for this little 4-letter word. Thanks for the chuckles too.