Re: nonwestern landscape art

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 16:35:34 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

From: linda eastman <lindacharlie@wwnet.net>
any suggestions/leads on artists who paint land/city/seascapes in a
non-traditional or non-western style? so far i have aboriginal dot
paintings (dreamings), chinese landscapes, and stuart davis (for his
non-traditional compositional style). i'm preparing a unit on landscape
paintings and want to share with my students diverse examples of how artists
represent places -

You might check into Wayne Thiebaud's fantastic abstract landscapes/city
scapes of Northern California. He is more widely known for his cakes and
pies but I had a chance to view his landscapes at a retrospective in San
Francisco's MOMA and the size and unusual perspectives took my breath away.
Probably one of my most favorite landscape artists. Awesome! Toodles....Bunki

---