RE: bottle monster credit goes to....?

---------

From: Patricia Banas (pbanas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 08:27:03 PDT

Kathy,
Can you please send it to me..thanks.
Patty banas
78 n. ohio ave.
Columbus, OH 43203

-----Original Message-----
From: KSchiavo00@aol.com [mailto:KSchiavo00@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2002 1:19 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: bottle monster credit goes to....?

In a message dated 09/22/2002 1:00:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Nnaell@aol.com writes:

Yes...please take the credit for the Bottle monster lesson! I did this with

a small group over the summer and am going to do small versions (using
smaller bottles) with my third grade!

I did "Treasure Buddies" with my 8th graders a few years back. Recycling
used plastic bottles is not a new idea but how you apply your creativity to
them is always refreshing. I have seen the same project used in High School
-but naturally, the older the child- the more sophistocated and detailed the
solution. My "Treasure Buddy" sculpture lesson in Middle School required
the students to design their character so that the cap of the bottle was
hidden within a part of the paper mache'd body (head, arm, tail etc.) That
piece, then could be removed and personal items could be "hidden" within the
container. It was one of the favorite projects in this age group. I have
pictures (jpeg) I could sent you if you are interested. Email me privately
please.
Kathy in Kalamazoo