Identity in Contemporary Art

---------

From: Ethel Leissner (ethel01608_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 12:18:31 PDT

Woody,
This sounds like a super idea. I've been trying to
develop a lesson on identity. In my graphics class,
I've been having them photograph each other, print
these photographs in the dark room, and then use one
(or part of one) of their photos as the basis for a
progressive (or reduction) linoleum print. But I'd
like to do a little more. The German Expressions have
been the great art examples for this project, but I
want to begin working with a more contemporary artist
for Identity.

When I went to the Net (www.davis-art.com), I found
out that the course, Identity and Place in
Contemporary Art will begin in a couple of weeks. I'm
looking forward to that.
Ethel

I'm starting them out with photos of themselves. They
are motivated
by that more that just working with any pics. My
assignments will be a
product like: Creative Manipulation of Self, Straight
Pic of Self,
Personal Web Page to Introduce You, etc.
                                                        Woody in KC