Re: Need Lesson Ideas for School Theme

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 09:47:21 PDT

have students group and choose some of the words- we did this for our character ed campaign....they created commercials advertising what their word meant.........one student walking down the hall and dropped all of their books, another stops and helps him, etc. As part of their ad campaign they also created posters. Beforehand we talked about the power of media, advertising tricks, what makes a good commercial, played a game about it ( I would start the beginning of a jingle from TV and they would finish it- then ask " Why did you remember that?" etc. It really was a great deal of fun and if you have tv's you could broadcast them to the school.......
Hope it helps!
jancy
 Kimberly Hutts wrote:Hello everyone,

My school has a theme for every year. This year's
theme is "if you want peace work for justice." They
have broken it down into a few different sub-themes,
tolerance, fairness, equality and justice. I would
like to do a project for each of these sub-themes. I
teach 1st-8th and would appreciate any suggestions you
can offer. Thanks in advance.

Kimberly