Re: Picasso

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 09:45:41 PDT

In a message dated 10/1/02 11:36:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
slindemann@usm.k12.wi.us writes:

> Anyone have any great motivators / introductions to beginning a cubist
> portrait lesson for 7th grade?
>
> I usually begin the same old way, looking at Picasso’s reproductions and
> talking about his work, life etc.
>
> I just wanted something to really spice it up a bit.
>

> Sarah

Hi Sarah,
I do a "Cubist self portrait" By creating a type of "pin the eye on picasso"
Student create their "head" we use colored pencils and pastels, i laminate
it. Students create separate eyes, ears, nose, eyebrows, etc... I laminate
them. We cut them out and add sticky tac to the back and play the game.
It's Hilarious!
Peace
Gabrielle

---