RE: Keith Haring

---------

From: Lindemann, Sarah (slindemann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 08:32:16 PDT

When I taught 2nd grade, we talked about movement in art. Using each
other as models, we talked about gesture drawings and did some on
manilla paper. We then selected our favorite 3 and cut them out. We
used them as patterns to cut out of colored construction paper (all the
same color). We glued them to 12 x 18 paper-horizontally and then
discussed action lines. They used markers to create line
patterns/designs around the figures in action. I emphasized good
craftsmanship, very slow drawings. They started with the lines around
each figure until they all started to bump into each other. It was a
fun lesson to teach!

Sarah