Re: What I am recycling

---------

From: Suzette Milam (suzmilam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 18:58:14 PDT

Hi,
I am forever recycling the plastic for shrinky-dinks. My kids LOVE this
project at the end of the year.
You need the plastic that has the recycle symbol with a 2 inside.

Toilet paper cardboard rolls for color pencil holders. Put them in a shoe
box vertically and pour in a little glue. I have to add new rolls every few
years, but hey, it works. My aids collage art images on the outside of the
shoe boxes.

Any containers with lids for mural painting. My current favorite is the
plastic container that moist cat food comes in called"Happy Cat". It is
great fro storing and pouring acrylic house paint. Yogurt are the next best
size.

Mat board and tile are the next big scavenged items.

I bug the heck out of the businesses in this small town. But I get good
stuff sometimes.

My best score was Mervyn's 2 truck loads of foam core sheets 6'x4' several
years ago. We are still using them up.

Q:
Does anyone have any good ideas for securing hand heald pencil sharpeners to
the tables? I don't like the kids to use the crank one because it eats half
the pencils, but they steal the hand heald ones like crazy. Suggestions
anyone?

---