Re: Salary?

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 14:35:36 PST

Ask for the 33k. As a certified teacher with a bachelors degree in art, I sure
don't want there to be a less expensive alternative for them instead of hiring
me! I don't intend that to sound like a nasty comment. If they're hiring you
to do full time art teaching, you will be more than earning that money.

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>I am in the Dallas isd and have been approached to teach elementary
>art by a school's pta. What should I ask for compensation? Starting
>salarys in DISD are 33k for certified teachers including insurance.
>
>Any suggestions out there? I am not certified but have taught 3 years and
>have an associate degree in art and professional experience in the field.

---