Re: Toulouse-Lautrec

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 03:31:55 PST

I'm getting ready to do a collaboration between the dance teacher and one
art class where we sketch them as they choreagraph a dance inspired by
Isodora Duncan (the mother of modern dance). Then, we're doing "something"
with those sketches (big secret- I'll tell you more when it's performed).
Next month, both the art AND dance students will be going to the
Toulouse-Lautrec show at the NC Museum of Art since he is one of the major
inspirations for this project. Then, we're all eating lunch at the museum
cafe- which I think the kids are as excited about as the show.

I'm not an elementary teacher- but I was thinking that maybe you could do
something similiar (sketch dancers) using chalk pastels on brown mailing
paper or cut open brown paper bags. Much of his work has this unfinished
quality which is perfect with you only having 20 minutes.

Michelle H. Harrell
http://harrell.srhs.net
michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com
Southeast Raleigh High School