Re: Help- elementary art people!

---------

From: Stephen Wood (steve_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 14:24:57 PST

on 30/10/01 10:07 pm, gregjuli@execpc.com at gregjuli@execpc.com wrote:

> An aquaintance of my from California has asked me for some ideas on how to
> motivate kids to participate in a contest to show them art is all around them
> not only in the art class, The kids can do photos, poetry, literature or
> musical compostions. I guess she is also looking for a quote they could use
> for a theme.
> I'm open to any ideas to show elementary ( k-6) how art is in many places
> through music , lit or visual arts.
> MaryB

Hello Mary

A great site to go to for inspirational quotes is
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~caveman/Creative/index2.html
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Hey, I might be going off at a complete tangent but I have some time to
spare so I'll put my pennyworth in. If it were me, I would keep it simple.
Look for one common theme the crosses many genres. Trees; in advertising
Timberland boots, explain how the trees longevity and steadfastness are a
symbol for many companies, In literature the living forrest from The Hobbit,
In music I talk to the Trees (please find a better example than that:-) Etc

Hope this helps, it made me smile.

Stephen
U.K.

---