Re: difficult class

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:04:21 PST

Carrie, see if the school has discipline slips- 6th graders can be brutal- But
they are basically big little kids. See if you can get them hooked by
designing a CD cover,(with guidelines for content and language, of course!)
Try to not raise your voice, they thrive on seeing a teacher go ballistic.
Find the one they all look up to and work on that student- tell them you know
there is alot of talent in the class, and you want to give them all a chance
to show how talented they are. Treat them with respect as they are at the age
where the have just started to think they know everything. Hang in there!
You can do it. ( You'll go broke buying candy)
Betsy