Re: A SCHOOL WHERE INCLUSION WORKS

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 13:11:54 PST

Sara,
I guess when we are talking about inclusion, the disability will vary from
school to school . How low or serious are the "included" in your classes?
The reason I ask is we have some very very low cognitive ability students in
our inclusion program and I really feel their needs would be better meet in
our old adaptive program which was dropped this year. Just how do you carry on
a class when a "special " student is screaming, moaning, or trying to be held
in a restraining position?
MaryB

Sara Scheid wrote:

> From: "Luana Flynn" <lflynn@randolph.k12.il.us>
> Subject: Re: From the DiscoverySchool.com Mailbag: Inclusion
>
> I must be very lucky. In our school I feel inclusion is working very
> well. The key is to have support of special education staff whether
> that be an aide or the special education teacher.

---