Re: Congratulations Holly!

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 16:49:25 PDT

Thank you Susan, for your congratulatory email and best wishes! I'll be
working FOR the District Arts Coordinator, my title is actually Staff
Developer. I will be visiting the 28 schools in my district helping Art
teachers, doing or planning workshops and professional development for them,
office work at times, going to meetings with Project Arts people, and other
unnamed but numerous duties.

I have many people to thank for helping me to be the best art teacher I could
be, starting with my mentor, Cheryl, who urged me to join LIATA, my regional
zone of our state organization, NYSATA. Then I have to thank all of LIATA,
especially Jessica and Susan, who welcomed me in and encouraged me and the
art teachers of LIATA and Art Circle, who so generously share their lessons
that inspired me and who also turned me on to Artsednet. When I first moved
from the security and ease of teaching on Long Island in a Catholic School,
Judy Decker put me in touch with Larry Parker, who helped me more than he'll
ever know with two emails that he wrote concerning the M O's of at-risk
middle schoolers. Judy was an angel to me, sending me things she's tried in
the past. All of you who have websites displaying your students work, and
who reply to emails on every topic have helped me look good, and GET good!!!!
 I count you all among my friends, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Holly :0)

PS
Believe it or not, for all the whining I've ever done, I am going to miss my
students. They are so needy. Once you get them to trust you, you can't help
loving them....

In a message dated 10/27/01 9:51:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARTNSOUL12@aol.com writes:

> Our very own Holly, (from Long Island), has just gotten a new job as Art
> Coordinator for a district on Long Island. For those of you who have been
> following "the Saga of Holly", you know she has been teaching in a very,
> very
> difficult situation for the past couple of years. Well, now there is
> another
> district lucky to have this talented teacher as an art coordinator.
> Congratulations, Holly!
> Susan on Long Island

---