Re: Artistic Response / Admin response :-(

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 22:28:26 PDT

I had a similiar response. We went right ahead with all our activities and
couldn't be bothered to add in enough time to play the national anthem at
Friday night's games at our high school. Monday morning at staff meeting we
were told it was time to "get on with our lives" and not to dwell on it.
Being the rebel that I am I went and draped a huge sheet of paper down the
hall and invited students to share their thoughts, which we then mailed to
the NY Fire Dept. Luckily, my elementary admin. decided it was time for a
"Celebration of Us", and I was encouraged to create patriotic artwork to
help the students heal. I found it amazing that my HS admin. could be so
callous.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids