Re: spelling and Tmcnorf

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 18:20:12 PDT

In a message dated 10/25/01 8:18:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> All of us oldies know who are the general complainers, who likes to pick
> on people, who has great ideas, who can find ANY website you need, who
> knows great resources, who are the listeners, the people you can go to for
> support emotionally, who are fantastic teckkies...seems everybody as a
> niche to fill here.

Bunki, as usual you stated your point of view with insight and intelligence.
The old addage, "take it from where it comes", applies here. I think that
our personalities do expose themselves through our writings. With this
spelling issue, a point of information about the correct spelling of an
artist's name is more than appropriate and much appreciated by members of
this list. The issue is not WHAT was said but HOW it was said. Why
personally attack the person who made the mistake and make he or she feel
badly? All that needed to be stated was- FYI, the spelling is Pollock.

I think that our personalities are exposed through our writings. There are
so many different kinds from all parts of the country/world- it's wonderful!
The one or two negative persons have gained a reputation for just that.
Sadly, they are probably unhappy, dissatisfied, and bitter all around. So,
Trncnorf, please look at it with this perspective and know you are welcomed
into the artsednet family!

Susan on Long Island

---