Greece

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 08:35:43 PDT

We just finished a unit on Ancient Greece that went really well for 4-5 grades-We concentrated on Grecian Urns,drawing the Parthenon-different column types etc. but went really well was building their own Parthenon from paper and tape-rolling columns-cutting slits at bottom to attach to base-roof additions-of course they were allowed to veer off in their own direction if they wished-one kid's structure supported his supply box! some had 3 and 4 stories, others made the Lincoln Memorial or the White House-all from white drawing paper-ditto paper-because it was lighter-worked well for the upper stories.