Toulouse-Lautrec

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 06:59:35 PDT

I'm trying to come up with a very quick project based on Lautrec's
posters. This is aimed at kids in 2nd-5th grades. We are doing kind of
a round-robin thing in our FineArts Dept. - the drama room will feature
somebody dressed up like Lautrec (or a friend) to talk about him. The
kids will learn little about music of the time (I heard the can-can
being discussed) and then the plan is for them to do a project , very
short in time-length (approx. 20 min) based on this artist's works. I'm
leaning towards a monoprint on a piece of paper stamped with 'circus' or
'dance' . I'm also leaning towards allowing the first visit to art
following this activity for finshing the poster. Somehow, I think I
could do smoething pretty cool, but I just can't get there. Any ideas?

---