Re: Draw a Man Test?

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 06:25:06 PDT

I have every student PreK-5 do one of these "Draw a Man Tests" each fall. It's our first project of every year, and I save them and give them back when they're leaving 5th grade. I have everyone do a 12x18 drawing in crayon from the same simple prompt: 'Draw a picture of yourself jumping up to pick an apple.' I don't have any psychological expertise, but comparing these drawings to Lowenfeld's developmental charts is very interesting. Comparing each year's growth is a lot of fun, too. I got the idea while student teaching, from my cooperating teacher. The kids look forward to it, and I reccomend it.
Mark