Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Draw a Man Test?

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 21:12:04 PDT

>Just wondered if anyone else remembers the Draw A Man test??? Roberta

Yes, it's actually one of three that psychologists sometimes use with young
children. The other two parts are a house and a tree, ie., house, tree,
person. My husband (a school psychologist) once explained some of the
'symbols' that, if present, can indicate emotionality issues. But like any
'test' it is used in conjunction with other measureable indicators.