Re: difficult class

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 18:23:38 PDT

I have a super simple behavior plan that I integrate with my 3-6 grades.
Each student has a portfolio, and each class has a color. I cut colored
paper into squares in coordinating class colors and gave each student one
square of colored paper (in their class' colors) and had them write their
name on it and put it in their portfolio. On the wall I have a blue, yellow,
and red fish with library pockets on them. In the blue fish's pocket are the
same colored squares that the students have, only these have their teacher's
name on it. When the entire class starts getting loud or is not following
directions I take their teacher's card and put it in the yellow fish. This
is their warning. If only one or two students are acting up I say "Pull a
card" and they take their card from their portfolio and put it in the yellow
fish. Next step is the red fish, and this means clean-up and missed recess.
Why fish? Well, my entire room is decorated in fish with fish nets, fish
lights, etc. Did this make any sense at all? :-) It is simple and takes
virtually no time away from instruction.
~Michal