Re: spelling and Tmcnorf

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 17:09:38 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: Tmcnorf@aol.com
quite some time ago i received replies of complaint about my use of all
lower case letters. now i only read all of the wonderful ideas generated
through this group, rarely do i reply. :( ---

Hi, Tmcnorf......In all fairness...all little letters in a med. length reply
does make it more difficult to read. Now I'm not complaining. I would have
let your reply fly by except I wanted to respond to what you've said in your
posting.

When I first started writing several years ago to ArtsEdNet, I quickly
learned that I over-used the exclamation point and everyone said when they
read my messages, the replies all sounded like I "talked" too fast and
sounded excited! Ha. There's always something that bugs someone else. There
are also PEOPLE who like to bug other people about stupid things...sometimes
for no other reason than to bug.

As you become more accustomed to responding and writing to our members, you
soon get a feel for who you respect and who you don't. You're weapon of
choice is IGNORE. We all use it. You can also get a feel for what other
people are thinking too by their responses. All of us oldies know who are
the general complainers, who likes to pick on people, who has great ideas,
who can find ANY website you need, who knows great resources, who are the
listeners, the people you can go to for support emotionally, who are
fantastic teckkies...seems everybody as a niche to fill here.

Life gives you a few thorns among the roses and they are here as well...but
NOTHING like what it used to be about 3-4 years ago when we had some heavy
flamers. This group has grown into a really nice bunch of great
characters...and I use that term fondly. If someone is going to pick on you
then there's always someone here to support you verbally. I like that.

I'd REALLY love for you to respond more so we can get to know you better and
hear all your great ideas and thoughts. If someone hits on you again then
know we will blow him/her out of the water for you. We've got to get to know
you first, though. We really want to share with you and anyone else who is
fearful of a few pests we seem to pick up now and then...and they generally
lose interest when ignored and go away for awhile. You have a very
supportive group here. Please join in. Toodles......Bunki

---