RE: Principles and Elements

---------

From: Meredith Steele (meredith_steele_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 12:30:34 PDT

Krista,

I've had students create what I call a "Visual Vocabulary" as a sketchbook
assignment, in which they create little illustrations for all of the
elements and principles.
You could have them do this before or in conjunction w/ the still life
assignment.

Or, create a rubric in which the still life must have something like: 3
repeating shapes, a focal point and two subordinate focal points, 4
different kinds of lines, etc, something like that in which you get them
thinking about the principles/elements as they include them in their still
life drawing/painting.

Good luck.

Meredith Steele
Cary Academy
Upper School Visual Art
Picks of the week: extra caffeine, a new and much less expensive dentist,
eating more candy because of the reduced dental bills, the wind