Re: MAINSTREAMING - INCLUSION

---------

LMiller435_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 04:01:23 PDT

In a message dated 10/25/2001 6:31:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DHJones3@aol.com writes:

> You get the kids that are appropriately placed and why the Law was created
> in the first place. ---

If we got kids who were appropriately placed, with sufficient, appropriate
and trained support, we wouldn't be haven't this conversation. The problem
is, school systems dump EVERYONE together in art, music and phys ed. classes,
without regard to disability, or problem and expect them to succeed because
those subjects are not considered an "academic" subject.

At least in my town, and it seems, in many others.

Leslie in Framingham

---