Old perserved animals

---------

From: Caryn King (caryn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 18:31:17 PDT

An elementary school I am working in recently received a donation of eight
animals that have been preserved. I don't know how old they are. Does
anyone know about using them as models for sketching in the classroom? I
seem to remember hearing that they shouldn't be in schools because of the
chemicals used for preservation by taxidermists. Right now they are
displayed out of reach in the library. Thanks for any help on this. Caryn

---