RE: difficult class

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 13:18:58 PDT

Is the whole class or a group of students that are instigating the rest?
Have you met with the principal or called home?
The classroom teachers are not giving you any help or suggestions? Are they
staying in the room or leaving?

The bottom line is that art is a privilege and you don't have to do anything
with them. They can sit and do nothing for an extended period of time in
silence if they can't handle the supplies. The principle needs to back you
on this, however, so you really need to communicate wtih him/her and suggest
an observation.

Just a few thoughts,
Becky in NC