Re: poloroid spectra

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 17:11:18 PDT

> Didn't Polaroid just announce they were going out of business? I think
> digital photography did them in. I doubt Polaroid film will be available
> much longer...

I also heard that Polaroid is going out of business. Makes me very sad.
Somebody, I'm sure, will pick up some of the processes. Polaroid transfers
are very much used right now in advertising and fine arts photo.

There have been some other questions about photo techniques recently on the
list.

Hand painting--
I think the investment in Marshall's Photo Oils is well worth the
investment for hand tinting B&W photos. They are pricey, but they are the
standard for coloring. And, you can get rid of mistakes which you can't with
dyes or pencils.

Liquid Emulsion
I love this stuff. I prefer the Luminos to Rockland Liquid Light, Luminos
has much better contrast. But, it is a process that must be done in a
darkroom.
Liquid emulsion provides an incredible amount of opportunities for extending
photo processes to other media as it can be applied to almost any kind of
surface and worked back into. I'm still unsuccessful in getting it to work
on ceramics. Anybody done it?

I am always in the market for Polaroid SX-70 cameras if anyone has one to
sell. SX-70 is used for the technique of manipulating the emulsion and
transferring to a paper surface. If Polaroid goes out of business, I will
be loosing a lesson.

Patty

---