Re: goals

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 16:38:49 PDT

Hi Jennifer,
This was part of my prof growth, too. But Our building goals were to improve
reading, writing, math and something else that escapes me at the moment. I had
to aleign my plan with the building goals.(Of course my plan would help these
areas, but I had to be able to assess the learning, and how it could be measured
as improvement in the reading writing, etc.)) I am still going to develop power
point
presentations, but in a comparative manner so that the students can critique
them and make comparisons between two artists. I will have to include rubrics
and their critiques must be written. Don't ask me how I'm going to do this with
firsts,
My principal rejected my first two proposals, which were to "use more tech in
the art room', and to "develop power point lessons on certain artists." The
principal also wanted me to do Power writing, and rough drafts. Woah Nellie!
This was taking me far away from a goal that I felt would benefit the learning
of art in the art room and support the building gosals as well. .( Had to talk
to our union rep about this to get it worked out...) I can send my plan as an
attachment if you want to look at it, but it is at school, so I would have to do
it tomorrow.
Does this give an insight as to how my year has gone?
Betsy

Aaron and Jennifer wrote:

> Argh. I hate anal, paper happy, procedure freak principals. I need to reword

---