Lesson Plans - specific artists

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 15:47:03 PDT

I was curious... I entered Miro Lesson Plan.....and found one!
http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/teaching_materials/curricula/curriculum.
cfm?curriculum_id=7&mode=objectives
(The URL is too long so you will have to copy and paste)

There is a link to it from this site:
http://www.edhelper.com/cat18.htm

It might be fun to try some of the other artists listed and see if there
are online plans too.

Paul Klee Lesson:
I have done Klee's "Head of a Man"
(http://www.artofeurope.com/klee/kle1.htm) with second graders. We used
crayon resist for the faces - with watercolor wash over (sort of robot like
faces - in geometric shapes) - mainly warm colors. The students used
tempera paint for the negative space around the head. The objective of the
lesson was to show emotion/expressions and to use warm colors (related
colors).

Vincent Van Gogh Lesson:

1st Grade. Students created their own "Starry Night" - Crayon resist- Blue
and purple water color wash over crayon drawing.

Pablo Picasso:
Cubish portraits - cut paper collage.

Pablo Picasse: K-1
Peace - Hands around flowers - mixed media - trace their own hands - cut
out to hold flowers.

Archimboldo - collage faces with magazine cut outs - see Bunki Kramer's
site.

Do check Incredible Art Department Lesson plans - linked from
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/arted.htm

---