Re: movie: Pollack--no it's Pollock

---------

From: jaugusta (jaugusta_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 11:30:16 PDT

> Just watched Pollack for the first time...it was really something to watch
> Ed Harris paint. Very cool..good movie.

Ever time this comes up teachers misspell Pollock's name. You folks must
learn to clear your mins of bad thoughts! Question: why spell the artist's
name with an "a" rather than an "o"? Do this: Say the name aloud. Does it
sound like-- paw LACK or paw LUCK? That's right, it's paw LUCK. Then why
don't you write it, quoting above: "Just watched Polluck for..." At laest
that would be an innocent error. But no, it's always Pollack--even though,
the man isn't Polish at all. So, defrag the hard drive in your head, so in
the future when discussing the artist you write, without even a scintilla of
doubt: Pollock.

Joseph

---