terrible teacher?

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 09:43:33 PDT

"today's students are ok till they have to think for themselves. Yikes

Give written instructions and grading rubrics (thanks to the buds
on this list) so they know exactly what is expected of them."

How true, how true! I find that even written instructions don't help much
because they won't/can't read. This morning I gave a quarter test, part of
which was specific drawing assignments. After they turned them in and
realized from others that they hadn't done something, they wanted their
papers back to correct them because they "hadn't read the directions." I
said sorry, that's part of it. At the end of class I gave a speech on how
important it is to read and follow directions in every class. Knowing I am
not alone in this boat is my only consolation right now. Linda in NC

---