Re: special ed

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 09:38:20 PDT

Rdunkelart@aol.com wrote:

> So inclusion is good for the students
> that are
> "normal" to learn to be compassionate an d helpful. Just my two cents.

Thank you, Sidnie and Roberta, for putting my thoughts into words. I've
had inclusion in my HS classes for many years; I've been very fortunate
to work with SpEd teachers who do what's best for the KIDS and not
themselves. It's a win-win situation for everyone--me, the SpEd
students, and the regular ed students. Yeah, it can be extra work and
sometimes pretty scary, but in the end everyone benefits.

An excellent resource is Exceptional Children, Exceptional Art by David
R. Henley.

Maggie

---