Figure drawing and wire sculpture

---------

From: dennycat (dennycat_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 01:16:26 PDT

> figure drawing lesson
>From: "Michelle H. Harrell" <michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com>
I love the ideas that have been floating around. I always start the
figure with a very generic lesson on proportion, throw in some info on
the golden mean and Leonardo daVinci then get right to gesture drawing
with increasing the time of timed poses. I use marker and charcoal to
avoid erasing and force them to work quickly. The final project is a wire
scupture of the human figure doing something interesting with a prop. I
had one group create the string section of the orchestra and we mounted
the entire group on an acrylic base as a retirement gift for our music
loving principal. Another group did people sitting on a park bench
reading a newspaper,a grouping of ballet dancers and of course a sword
fight complete with dragon. The grade 8 kids LOVE this assignment - one
year I cancelled it and they still haven't forgiven me! Have fun.
Catharine in Hong KOng

---