3rd Grade color

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 22:04:17 PDT

Just joined the ring & have to say it's FABULOUS!

Wondering on some 'expert' opinions...introduced the element of color this afternoon with my 3rd graders. Mixed colors, discussed primary & secondary colors so far...looked at Sonia Delaunay (our artist of the month) and reflected on works by Kandinsky (last month's artist of the month)...had them prepare a design using repeating shapes (have discussed line vs. shape) and will have them paint the shapes...thought we'd talk about warm/cool colors & their placement before we worked through the painting and also would discuss coloring a few shapes in the design with the same color to create unity...

So...what do I do next? :-) VERY broad I realize but I'm NEW at this & could really use ideas that don't take me three hours to get ready! Thanks in advance! D

---