re: am i a terrible teacher?

---------

From: Kay Rubemeyer (bkg002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 10:57:21 PDT

> This sounds like my class exactly. I have decided that students don't
want to think for themselves if they can con someone else( teacher) to
think for them.
What I do is give an absolute final date which is usually only one more
day, and also tell them they need to finish on own time because they can't
hold back the whole class to get work done. Also tell them to make better
use of their time. You can set up check points through-out the project to
keep them on target. And give them participating grades for meeting
deadlines.

Kay Rubemeyer, Art Instructor
Mark Twain Jr.- Sr. High School
21622 Highway 19