spec.needs students/Kathy

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 05:14:12 PDT

To Kathy in Kalamazoo and others,

I have the same issues with a seventh grade class that
is about 40% special ed. I modify lessons for them and
I hope that the regular ed students don't catch on.
Two of my seven special ed students are failing
because they are too proud to admit that they don't
understand a concept and won't respond to my
suggestions. I have also found that my regular ed
students are probably not working up to their
potential because they see what the special eds are
turning in. It is really tough teaching that class;
they are all on medication and they sometimes "forget"
to take it. It is always the excuse for bad behavior.
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I wanted you
to know that I know how you feel.