Sarah's learning stage recommendations

---------

From: Christene Sandeson (c.sandeson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 04:49:38 PDT

Hi Sarah

I will print out your recommendations for sure but let me say that as
a beginning teacher of art, it is simply a challenge to find
activities that are interesting, let alone have stages. I must admit
this is one of my problems - finding appropriate activities. I do so
admire HS art teachers that have their curricula planned to the point
where they have time to make these posters and give copies of lessons
to the learning center teacher. When I read the mails of experienced
teachers I feel inadequate, because I realize I am working about
12/6 just to keep on top of what many of you would consider the
minimum.

Surely this comes with experience. I have often wished there were a
handbook that accompanied our list of expected outcomes for art
education that illustrated how the Department of Education wanted
these outcomes met.

christene in nova scotia

---