RE: Pumpkin Decorating

---------

From: Jager, Mary (Mary_Jager_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 01:23:05 PDT

Last yr. I teamed my Art 1 class with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders and had
them oversee a group of 4 kids (at least one from each grade) in decorating
a pumpkin....anyway they wanted using tempera, acrylics, and various found
"stuff". Then at the base's annual fall bazaar we put them out with
pictures of each group and a can in which people could "vote" for their
favorite pumpkin by putting their loose change it in. It was great. I was
able to raise about $150 for my art club and do some advocacy for my
program! The kids loved it! I had the pumpkins donated by the way.