Re: artsednet digest: October 20, 2001

---------

From: dennycat (dennycat_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 18:40:23 PDT

 I am desperate for project ideas that will challenge these
bright kids, especially with what I call "real-world" projects.
 How about designing posters for the drama club or your annual arts show
- make a contest of it. There are many needs for professional style
advertising and design in the school
THE YEARBOOK! is a great place to do real world assignments, help out the
school yearbook club, get published and have this great art recognized by
everyone. I did yearbook for three years and assigned kids a theme page -
they had up to 16 photos that they had to use and text supplied by the
teachers involved and they had to design a page that was in keeping with
the schools image and marketing needs- show examples of what works and
what doesn't work. ( I once had a kid who designed the music page and the
center of intersest was himself playing base guitar!) If you need more
info email me directly. We had three super yearbooks and people were
stunned by the quality of design that these students produced. What
better way to promote your program!
Good Luck, Catharine in Hong kONg

---