paper cranes

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 15:36:51 PDT

I have a son that turned 13 on 9/12 and forecasted an unlucky year ...
yesterday on of his best friends since kindergarten was diagnosed with
leukemia. Danny will be in the hospital for at least one month - and then
two years of treatment. Benjamin is beside himself, and started making
cranes right away. He is sending a letter to his old school for help in
getting 1000 (the school his friend still goes to - ), but will probably
still need some additional help.
I know several of you made them with your classes after 9/11. If you have
the chance and would like to add to Benjamin's collection, he would love to
get some from all over.

If you want to put one in an envelope and send to me, Benjamin will string
them together. I told him I would forward this request to the list - Thanks
so much. Just put 'paper crane for Benjamin' on the envelpe -

Ellen Sears
Anchorage Public School
11400 Ridge Rd.
Anchorage, KY