Re: HUGE paper mache sculpture - help?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 12:38:41 PDT

I'd build an armature with a 2x4 up the middle braced
with upright triangles of plywood at the base. Then use
1x2s going outward because they are lighter. I'd Form
the skin with chicken wire. It might be a good idea to
have it on wheels before you start if you need to move
it. Run some electrical wire up it before you start so it
can be lit. Sounds like a great project. You might try to
estimate the total weight (dry) before you start.
                                        Enjoy, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com