Re: Pumpkin Decorating

---------

From: marcy bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 10:40:21 PDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephanie Cutrona
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 9:29 PM
  Subject: Pumpkin Decorating

  A second grade class is planning on decorating pumpkins...Any ideas how? Markers do not work very well. We do not want to give the students knives to carve with. We thought of gluing felt. Any other ideas?

  --Steph

  Have used black acrylic for features, tied raffia on any existing stems and added leaves if so desired. Have then sprayed a dusting of gold spray paint over all. (Don't tell the part about the spray paint in my room...all windows ARE opened!)