Re: NAEA rejection letters....

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 09:54:26 PDT

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> We got our NAEA workshop rejection letter today for one of three proposals
> we submitted. I MUST say I'm impressed with the earlier letters this year.
> The proposal that was rejected was a workshop for Pantyhose Sculpture (of
> which we all HERE know how to do, right?). And I must also say I'm kinda
> relieved because I had been wondering how I was going to get glue guns,
> wood, wire, and wire cutters on board with air-flight security (grin).

Like Bunki and Carolyn, I got a rejection letter Thursday, for my
weaving workshop (sorry, Jude). Haven't heard about the other one yet,
which is on pre-Columbian ceramics of Ecuador. Also like Bunki, I'm
very pleased and thankful for the early notice this year. Presenters
have not been informed in a very timely manner the last 2-3 years; in
fact, one year everyone else knew I was presenting before I did! The
session was listed in the pre-reg catalog before I'd gotten either my
letter of acceptance or the pre-reg packet. Ken had a bad experience
last year, too.

FYI, if you're offering a hands-on workshop and it's accepted, you are
reimbursed for shipping your supplies to the conference site. However,
I AM enjoying a mental image of Bunki trying to explain what she's doing
with all those wires and pantyhose and stuff ;D

Maggie

---