Afghani women email petition - do not forward

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 08:44:18 PDT

Please folks.... Before you post a petition to the list find out if it
legitimate..AND if you do post a petition DO NOT include the names of all
who have signed it. Folks may have agreed to sign their name and location
to a petition -- They did not agree to have their names and location posted
to the WWW (You will notice that even many list members do not use their
real names when they post).

The situation in Afghanistan is very real....However the email is not:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/afghaniwomen.htm

I don't mean to embarrass anyone --I'm just asking you take the time first
to verify. If you want -- send an email to me first and I will check it out
for you. A former list member now asks me first before she forwards any
"junk" mail.

Last summer when I first received this email, I sent a short email to the
originator and got a quick reply from the university that it was a hoax.I
did the same this time but didn't get an answer back ....so just entered
"Afghani Women" email in my search engine and found an answer right away
from the Truth or Fiction site.

I know this does not have to do with art education--- but it is about using
technology wisely. Before warning or alarming everyone....check first.

It is a beautiful day here!

Judy Decker

---