Re: HUGE Paper mache Statue of Liberty

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 22:04:52 PDT

Hi Deb, we made a giant Medusa once. The body shape was done in
chickenwire. She was made in a sitting pose so she only needed a chair
for support. The chicken wire makes a great support for the paper but you
cut your hands to pieces forming it and looping parts of it over itself..
Get some good strong leather gloves, good cutting pliers or tin snips and
some extra wire. The paper strips must be long enough to lap over and
stick to paper. They won't stick to the wire. Try to make sure that all
the wires and loose ends of chicken wire face down and in so you won't
keep cutting yourself as you apply the paper. Have lots of bandaids. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #
# Elko, NV 89801 #